Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sick

Sorry no pictures this time.  I'm SICK!  For the first time in I don't know when, I actually have a cold!  It started on Monday, but very slightly with a sore throat.  Then by Tuesday I was coughing and sneezing, but again, not that bad.  Well today I woke up a little drained, because it was a bit hard to breath last night, but I went to work anyway.  Ironically, I went for my Well Woman exam today, so I missed some work this morning.  By the time I got back to the office, my head was in a sinus cloud, and almost immediately, a pile of used Kleenex appeared in front of me.  So I decided to call it quits and go home.

When I got home, I realized my germ-aware husband was not going to let me hold, kiss, or hug my baby.  In fact, the only thing I'm allowed to do is feed him.  That's right, I tried to explain to my husband-with-a-biology-degree that my germs can and WILL get to my baby through breastmilk, but he won't listen.  Instead, he keeps Colby on his lap, and as I approach, he starts waving his hands over both of them, saying, "Safe zone, safe zone, Jenny."

Fine, since I can't hold my baby, I guess I'll go take a nap.  Which I did.  But instead of waking up feeling miraculously better, I woke up with a sinus headache.  One bowl of chicken soup later, and still feeling fuzzy - like Meg Ryan says in You've Got Mail.

This is so bizarre to me.  I really don't think I've had a cold in at least 3 years!

Here's hoping I can hold my baby tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment