Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Beach

Silly to be posting this the same day as the Alaska trip, but the weekends were back to back with little time in between.  So, the beach: We did it!  The one thing I wanted to make sure we did this summer since we are now in Texas again.  We went to the beach!  And not just any beach, we went to Corpus Christi - the beach where I was born, the beach that I spent at least 5 summers, watching my parents run, and then running myself in the Beach to Bay Relay Marathon.

Robert and I drove down Friday, and got to Corpus late afternoon.  We ditched Colby with my mom in the condo that we were all sharing, and spent an hour in the water, all by ourselves - it. was. awesome.  Then we spent another hour on the beach with my dad, drinking beer and watching the waves.  When we got back to the condo, Amanda had driven in from College Station, and we had brats for dinner and marshmallow creme and cookies for dessert! 

The next morning, Robert and dad went fishing early in the morning, and my mom and I took Colby down to the beach for some quick photos - the sun was so hot, we didn't want him out there for too long with his fair fair skin.



Angela got in around noon on Saturday, so we went back to the beach with her, and then had a birthday party for her that night.  We took her to (surprise!) a Pat Green concert out at Port A after dinner, since she's moving to NYC in August, and the opportunities to see Pat in concert will be few and far between.  Again, awesome.



Sunday, Robert and dad went fishing early again, then we all went to church.  Then I went to the beach with everyone, while Robert watched Colby, and then we headed home.  It was a great weekend - the weather was beautiful, and the waves were perfect for body surfing.  Loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment